In its second edition, the Financial Times is proud to present the FT Energy Strategies Summit: Risk and Opportunity in an Era of Energy Abundance, taking place on May 14, 2015 in New York.
This year’s event focuses on the economic, trade and geopolitical implications of potential crude oil exports from the US and the risks for global energy security of a tumbling oil price and placing too much hope on a new energy abundance from the US shale boom. The Summit will also focus on the growing competitiveness of renewables, the implications of growing disinvestment from fossil fuels, and the shift for the relative balance of fossil fuels vs. clean energy in the country’s energy mix. [more]
Shell Oil Company
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer,
Alpha Natural Resources
Chief Executive Officer,
Executive Director & CEO, Genel Energy
and Chairman of Glencore Xstrata
BlackRock Investment Management
President and Chief Operating Officer,
Pioneer Natural Resources
|The Honorable Adam Sieminski
US Energy Information Administration
"Cold, Hungry and
in the Dark: Exploding the Natural Gas Supply Myth"
- Hear from industry experts on the outlook and catalysts for an oil price rebound -- how long can low prices be sustained? Will high cost producers be squeezed out of the market?
- Explore the shifts in the global energy markets and the likely impact of increasing geopolitical and economic disruptions on future energy supply.
- Discover the potential of Latin America as a supplier to Northern American markets and beyond
- Gain insights on the impact of ‘America’s second revolution’ in clean energy on the future US energy mix and on the future of traditional fossil fuel power generation.
- Participate in-depth discussions on key topics and strategies to include anticipating and responding to emerging risks and opportunities in the industry.
- Network with senior executive-level industry professionals, financiers and investors.